Salary: Highly Competitive + Bonus
Commencing: January 2018
It is an exciting time at Corelli College as we embark on the next stage of our school’s journey looking to build on our past successes and embrace opportunities for change. To join us on this journey we are seeking to appoint an experienced senior leader in the role of Vice Principal who can build a unique and inspirational place of learning. Our ideal candidate will be an existing Vice Principal/Assistant Principal with considerable experience of contributing to the running of a large and diverse inner-city secondary school. We are looking for an exceptionally talented leader who will use their energy and vision to make a real impact, achieving outstanding outcomes for our students and ensuring as soon as possible that the school is recognised as a good school with outstanding leadership.
Corelli College is an amazing school filled with students keen to learn and proud of their school. The successful candidate will continue to develop this ethos and ensure that Corelli College is the school of choice for the local community. Reporting directly to the Principal, you will receive encouragement, support and guidance not only to help lead the school but also develop your own career. Corelli College are on track to join Leigh Academies Trust in late 2017, allowing us to accelerate our improvement and ensure strong foundations for future growth and success.
We wish to hear from you if you really want to change our education world and are:
- An enthusiastic, energetic and ambitious school leader with a track record of success at secondary level;
- A motivational and aspirational leader with high expectations of staff;
- Confident and able to communicate a clear vision for the school;
- Able to develop children to reach their full potential regardless of background or circumstance;
- Approachable and keen to work with others outside the school to ensure wide success;
- Able to establish and develop excellent relationships with the community and other stakeholders.
What we can offer you:
- A competitive salary and an opportunity to earn a performance bonus;
- The opportunity to lead a large school to good status supported by a dedicated academy leadership team;
- The chance to shape the future of the school and lead it to join an academy trust that can support its growth.
Please consult the Recruitment Pack for more information:
VP-Recruitment-Pack-1.pdfApplication Process: Interested and suitably experienced applicants are invited to submit an application online using the Trust’s electronic application form. There is functionality to upload both a CV and supporting statement online. The closing date is Wednesday 4th October 2017. All applications will be acknowledged on receipt and we will notify candidates if they have been successful in gaining an interview on 9th October 2017. Interviews and associated assessment activities are scheduled for 17th and 18th October 2017; candidates are asked to ensure that both days are provisionally kept clear.
If you wish to arrange a tour of the academy or a confidential conversation with our Executive Principal, David Millar, ahead of submitting an application, this can be arranged by contacting Tony Maggio (HR Manager at Corelli College) via email at TMaggio@corellicollege.org.uk.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.