Head of Faculty/Curriculum Team Leader English and Media
MPR/UPR + TLR1b (£9,379 pa) + up to £2k welcome bonus
Start Date: September 2017 or earlier
Corelli College Co-operative Academy is a vibrant centre of learning with the highest expectations for each one of our 1150 students. We are a diverse community where everyone is valued, respected and trusted, where we all work together and celebrate success. Students thrive within a culture of high aspiration, with no cap on ambition, building the skills to lead healthy, happy and successful lives.
According to our recent Ofsted report, “Pupils’ personal development and welfare are strong. Pupils express eloquent support for the college, praising their teachers and the diversity of the community.” Here at Corelli College you will find “…an absolute commitment for rapid improvement from all leaders and governors” (June 2016).
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and passionate Head of English and Media to develop their career in a diverse and highly supportive environment.
We are looking for:
- A dynamic, committed individual with proven leadership and management skills and a passion for their subject
- A highly effective classroom practitioner committed to developing excellence across the faculty
- Drive and commitment to ensuring further improvements in student outcomes
- A forward thinker with creativity and a resolve to make a real difference to the lives of our students
- High levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the academy and its students can achieve
- Someone who shares our cooperative values and a commitment to ensuring that all of our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment
In return, we can offer you:
- A Co-operative Academy making rapid, sustained improvements year on year
- A multicultural, diverse environment with students who are keen to learn and make rapid progress
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and committed to each other’s professional development
- Excellent CPD opportunities and a commitment to developing your professional practice, at whatever stage you are in your career
- Opportunities to be creative; to share and develop new ideas to inspire our students.
If you are passionate about making a real difference to the lives of our students and would like to be a part of our journey to ‘Excellence’ we look forward to hearing from you.
Download an application form below or you can request one by contacting the HR Department via email: email@example.com. Please note that CVs or incomplete application forms will not be considered.
Application closing date: 6th March 2017
Interview / Lesson Observation: w/c 13th March 2017
Corelli College Co-operative Academy is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Our commitment is underpinned by robust processes and procedures that seek to minimise risk and continuously promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce. All posts within the school are subject to an enhanced DBS check. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.