Download your application form now:
There will be 2 community leaders within each community, from years 10 or 11.
Students will be appointed following application and interview.
The main duties for this post are:
• To represent the community on the college council and attend all meetings
• To hold a community council meeting every 4 weeks
• To communicate the outcomes of the community council to all members of Tthe community, including using the College’s intranet
• To ensure the participation of all tutor groups in the community council
• To ensure that all community council members communicate effectively with Ttheir tutor group members, through the “board room” discussions
• To regularly present in assemblies on topics related to the community
• To represent the College at all open and information evenings
• To hold regular meetings with all of your community student leaders
• To attend regular link meetings with teacher in charge
• To assist in developing a community identity
Could you be a
Welcome to Corelli College, the First London Co-operative Academy. We are an exciting addition to the educational family in South East London, focussed on the achievement of our young people. Through our positive ethos and with our strong focus on teaching and learning, we have created a curriculum that meets the needs of all our learners, engaging and exciting them.
As a result, our examination results have gone up year on year.
The college does not have a business sponsor and is free from Local Authority control. We have chosen to become a co-operative because the staff, parents and governors believe that the best way to build on a very strong legacy is for all members to be part of governing the college through co-operatives. It makes us part of a family of schools, nationally and internationally, that are co-operatives, sharing a set of values that we believe really matter to the future of our young people.
Our values, of self-responsibility, self-help, equality, equity, democracy and solidarity, are values that make both a good community within the college and young people who are confident, articulate, responsible, learning focussed and successful.
Our internal structures reflect our values. Students are in vertical communities that reinforce our belief in responsibility. They apply to become leaders within the college and the wider community, visiting primary schools to support others as well as each other.
Our curriculum is geared to widen the knowledge and understanding of our students with youngsters taking GCSEs from Year 9 onwards. We understand that students need to be able to take exam courses when they are ready for them, not just because they are in a particular year. Our Arts provision is fantastic with a drama company that is second to none.
We have excellent facilities with an apple mac based music technology suite, a Languages Laboratory and home access to their work for all students and staff.
Our Farm Academy with its bees, chickens and fresh fruit and vegetables, allows our youngsters to have an experience unknown to
many. Our vibrant sixth form builds from the firm foundations our students have gained, offering a range of courses that is
second to none. Students go on to the best universities in the country.
I am extremely proud of the young people and staff of Corelli College.
This website will give you a flavour of what young people and staff experience when they are part of the college.
Trisha Jaffe, Principal
You can now make payments to the College online through ParentPay
Copyright 2012 / 2013 • Corelli College • Corelli Road, Blackheath, London SE3 8EP • Tel: 020 8516 7977
Copyright 2012 / 2013 • Corelli College • Corelli Road, Blackheath, London SE3 8EP • Tel: 020 8516 7977 • Fax: 020 8516 7980 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org